For complete booking terms and conditions, please read through to bottom of page. Scheduling of reservation indicates agreement with all booking terms and conditions.
Client agrees to indemnify and exclude D. M. Gremlin Studios free and harmless from any lawsuits and demands (including attorney's fees) arising from services and materials provided for related projects.
Copyright laws prohibit duplication of copyrighted material without permission. D. M. Gremlin Studios will not transfer or duplicate customer supplied material without express written permission by the copyright holder.
D. M. Gremlin Studios also reserves the right to use for demonstration purposes any client production for promotion of D. M. Gremlin Studios or its related vendor.
Refunds / Cancellations
Payments made for studio session bookings are Non-Refundable.
Payment / Billing
Unless full or partial payment is requested in advance, full payment for all sessions is due in full in cash prior to the end of the booked session. If a deposit has been made in advance, the remainder of the payment is due in cash prior to the end of the booked session. Receipts are available upon request. No media will be released until the account balance has been paid in full.
Terms & Conditions
General Booking Terms:
- Studio bookings and fees are in increments of one hour.
- Our standard booking policy requires session bookings to be confirmed at least 48 hours in advance. For bookings requiring advance payment, confirmation includes completion of payment. Short-notice booking policy and fees (2x posted rates) apply to any bookings being confirmed less than 48 hours in advance.
- The client (the person making the reservation) must be at least 18 years of age and competent to enter into a legal contract.
- Every client must provide his/her legal full name, home address (no PO boxes), telephone number, and email address to be kept on file.
- The client must be present in the studio for the duration of the recording session. No crew or personnel will be admitted to the studio without the client present. Exceptions may be made at the studio's discretion and by arrangement in advance, for record labels or production companies booking the studio for commercial projects.
- The client is responsible for any loss or damage to studio equipment or facilities by anyone who enters the studio in conjunction with the session.
- The studio assumes no responsibility for any injury to any client or person entering the studio or to any personal property or equipment brought by any client or person to the studio, including vehicles and their contents.
- For all general reservations not requiring advance payment, payment is accepted in cash only, at the time of the session. For all cash payments, whether in advance, or at time of session, bills up to $20 (no $50/$100 bills; no coins) are accepted for payment. Exact change is always appreciated, and is required for any booking ending at or past the hour of 9:00pm.
- A receipt will always be provided for cash payment being made in advance of a session date. For any payment being made at time of session, if a receipt is desired, it must be requested at time of payment. We can not provide receipts when requested at a later date for sessions/payments completed at previous dates.
- Non-refundable full payment in advance is required for initial session(s) booked by any new client. "Initial session(s)" refers to any session(s) booked by the client prior to the completion of the client's first studio session. Non-refundable advance payment may be required for subsequent reservations, at the discretion of the studio, and in cases where a client has had a past-due account.
- Advance payments may be made by one of two methods:
** Cash payment in person at the studio, by appointment. Available appointment times will vary, and all payment appointments will need to be confirmed at least 24 hours in advance. Payment appointments take about 5 minutes in the studio lobby; a receipt is provided, and the recording studio area is not open for tours/walk-throughs during payment appointments.
** Mailed payment in the form of a United States Postal Money Order, which can be purchased only at a U.S. Post Office. It is recommended that mailed payments are sent using a trackable form of mail. The studio is not liable for mail or payments lost or delayed in transit.
- If the studio has availability continuing past the original time booked, at the discretion of the studio, extensions to the scheduled session may be available upon request at the time of the session.
- Any additional hours added to the session on the day of the session are payable in cash only, at the time of the session.
Entry/Exit and Load-In/Load-Out:
- First time session bookings, or any other bookings where advance payment is made, are non-refundable and locked in for the date and time specified, with no option to cancel or reschedule the reservation, including changes to the start/end times of the session.
- Session Confirmation: For sessions where advance payment is not required, the session becomes confirmed when a confirmation email is sent by the studio in response to the booking request. It is the responsibility of the client to watch for receipt of the confirmation email. Studio is not responsible for confirmation notifications not received due to failure of email services. If the client has not received a confirmation email, one of two cases applies:
** Studio did not receive the booking request, never sent a confirmation, and there is no booking in the schedule;
** Studio received the booking request and sent confirmation, and payment and cancellation policies are in effect from the time confirmation was sent by the studio.
- Cancellation includes cancellation of all or any portion of the hours booked. Rescheduling includes changing of start/end times within the same booking date. Pending availability and confirmation, hours may be added to an existing confirmed booking at any point up to 48 hours in advance. Other than this single case, cancellation and rescheduling policies as noted below apply to any changes affecting the start/end time or duration of a confirmed session booking.
- Where payment is not made in advance, payment in full is due at the scheduled time of the session as booked unless notice of cancellation or rescheduling is provided (by the client) and acknowledged (by the studio) as follows:
** For sessions taking place on weekdays (Mon-Fri), notice of cancellation or rescheduling must be provided and acknowledged no later than 48 hours in advance of the start time of the session as booked;
** For sessions taking place on weekends (Sat/Sun), notice of cancellation or rescheduling must be provided and acknowledged at least one full week in advance, i.e. by the start time of the booked session the prior Saturday for Saturday sessions; the prior Sunday for Sunday sessions.
- Cancellation notice is not valid until acknowledged by the studio. Studio is not responsible for non-delivery of messages due to failure of email or telephone service. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that the studio has received notice of cancellation or rescheduling by noting the reply from the studio that will be provided in response to that request. Until acknowledgement of the cancellation or rescheduling has been made by the studio, the booking is still in the studio calendar and the client is still responsible for the reservation and liable for payment for the studio hours as booked.
- For any cancellation or rescheduling made with notice such that payment is owed, payment is expected to be completed prior to the scheduled end time of the booked studio reservation. In the event that it is not possible to make payment in person in cash at the scheduled reservation time, client may arrange with the studio to complete payment by mail in the form of a United States Postal Money Order.
- For any studio booking where payment is not completed by the end time of the scheduled reservation, the account will be considered Past Due. After 30 days, a Past Due account will be considered Delinquent. Delinquent accounts are subject to collections actions including small claims court at the discretion of the studio, with any collection fees/court fees accruing to the past due amount owed.
- Entry/load-in time for any reservation is no earlier than 15 minutes before the start time of the session. Load out and exit must be completed by 15 minutes after the end time of the session. Additional fees will apply at the hourly studio rate if load-out extends beyond this period.
- Studio back parking lot access follows load-in and load-out times. Vehicles may not be parked in the studio's back lot more than 15 minutes prior to the start time of the scheduled session, and must be pulling out of the studio's parking lot no later than 15 minutes after the end time of the scheduled session.
- All recording sessions and rehearsals will take place in Studio A, with entry, exit, and load-in/out taking place through the building's back door (parking lot entrance). The client is responsible for directing all personnel to the appropriate building entry.
- Studio address and map links, along with detailed parking information, can be found here. The client is responsible to provide this information and their own contact information to all band members and personnel.